I know it's not as fun as mapping, but I've made a list of some wiki
maintenance tasks:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Wiki_maintenance_tasks

I've been meaning to write this for years. The idea is to list some ideas for
wiki editing tasks which apply to a lot of different pages across wiki, and
which are fairly easy.

We already have a list of clean-up priorities on the wiki. There's also other
generic tasks I can think of, such as looking through delete and merge
proposals. The trouble with those is they require some combination of wiki
editing confidence, english writing ability, judgement, patience or the
willingness to engage in messy discussions and debates. Everyone's welcome to
join in with theses things too (even it's just to say "I agree" when somebody
is saying something sensible) but the idea of this maintenance tasks list is to
point people at some easier things.

Something to do while you're waiting to edit the map!

Harry Wood