On Fri, April 13, 2012 11:58, Frans Thamura wrote:
> hi all
>
> we just develop team to collect all the hotel information in Indonesia
>
> choice
>
> 1. create a hotel database outside openstreetmap
> 2. save in openstreet as POI
>

> what do u think?
>
> and we will create "rating" also for the hotel...

Option 2, then (optionally) cross-reference your database outside of OSM
with hotel POIs inside OSM.  Alternatively, you can re-generate your
database by extracting hotel POIs from the OSM database.

For rating you can use the stars=* tag, but it's probably subjective, or
not really comparable between countries.

Best wishes,

Andrew