Hi all,

It's really been quite a long time without keeping in contact with the osm
list(s), but osm activities have been taking place since February when i last
posted here, about a mapping day at the Uganda Christian University in Mukono,
where the availed imagery was used by the students to map features at thier
University here. The imagery quite alligned with the gps tracks at 3meters
accuracy, and it's the imagery that was mostly used.

We communicated with Andy Allan, as we were to map the new transportation
network of pioneer easy buses operating in the capital city of Uganda Kampala,
and some of the collected data can be clearly visible on the transport layer of
osm, here too.

In April, when the OSM database was undergoing maintenance we had scheduled
another mapping day on the same date as the database maintenance, with Kibo
foundation in Uganda, so mapping never took place. More activities are to take
place, and all updates (early or late) will be shared with the list. This is
all in a drive to make OSM a usable map for every one, and also to provide
freely accessible, accurate data that can be used for and by various
organisations, individuals, and countries.

Just wondering could some one share all categories of information that can be
mapped to osm?

Yours Truly

Douglas Ssebaggala Musaazi
Mobile:   +256-772-422524