To: <talk@openstreetmap.org>
From: Maarten Deen <md...@xs4all.nl>
Date: 29/05/2012 08:45AM
Subject: [OSM-talk] TomTom is thumping us

Ok, they don't name us, but I think "a leading open source map" does
refer to us.

<http://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/licensing/newsletter/201205/didyouknow/>

Oh wauw. We're not perfect. Let's close up the shop. Thanks to SteveC
for all the effort, but it wasn't enough.

Well, probably one of the very positive effects from OSM is the fact
that when we start mapping something, the closed-source mappers follow
suit. The fact that Google needs to add gimmicks like kajak routing
across the pacific to beat us says enough.
It's a win-win situation.

Regards,
Maarten