Is there any way to move the map to a specific coordinates whilst editing in Potlatch and stay at the same zoom level?

I know 1 way, which is to enter the coordinates into the "search" box, select the coordinates item from the search list and then say "Cancel" when it asks if you want to "move away form the current page". A bit clunky, but it does work, but unfortunately the zoom level it then chooses for the new coordinates is quite small, so it then tries to download vast amounts of data (which can cause crashes/restarts of Potlatch or use up all the "allowable bandwidth"). This method would be liveable with if it didn't zoom out so much.

Is there any easier way to do this that I haven't noticed?

Thanks,
Spod