I wouldn't want Vespucci to draw a way based on a GPS trace. It does one
better: The GPS trace is drawn as a blue line and in the background it
provides Bing tiles (or map tiles, if you'd prefer those).

So a way can be drawn based on a GPS trace combined with aerial imagery.
OK, it's not automatic, but GPS traces on their own are often too
imprecise, as far as I'm concerned (both in cities and in forests). The
other problem is that many more nodes than strictly necessary would be used
to describe the way.

Just my 2 cents,

Polyglot