I object based on the British/American language. I don't have an account on
the forum.
Why did people tag sidewalk=* ? Maybe they meant something different to the
established tag of footway=*.
Change footway in America if you have to, but don't go changing it in the
UK or other countries. What's the point of having a preferred language for
tags if we go against it because some Americans can't deal with another
language. Many other non-British countries cope or use an editor with
translations.

This is also probably a discussion for tagging@ not the general talk list.

On 23 July 2012 11:32, Mike N <nice...@att.net> wrote:

> FYI, please provide any feedback to the original author on the forum.
>
> http://forum.openstreetmap.**org/viewtopic.php?id=17526<http://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?id=17526>

Gregory
o...@livingwithdragons.com
http://www.livingwithdragons.com