The image of the week " These are *Featured images*, which have been
identified as the best examples of OpenStreetMap mapping, or as useful
illustrations of the OpenStreetMap project. "
This week, "The Olympic stadium in
Athens<http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=38.03566&lon=23.78789&zoom=17>
is
one of many things <http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Remapping> currently
only visible on the CC-BY-SA
map<http://map.4x4falcon.com/?lat=38.03917&lon=23.78675&zoom=16> and
not OSM since the license
change<http://www.osmfoundation.org/wiki/License/We_Are_Changing_The_License>
" http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/File:Olympic_stadium_athens_ccbysa2.png

I disagree that this image is a best example or a useful illustration of
the project, and I think it's very negative.

Within a day, it's out of date because someone has mapped it (and better
than it was in CC-BY-SA). The person proposing or adding the image of the
week could have been more useful by doing that mapping.
It conveys a message of "OSM is not as good as it was" or "things are
missing".

In contrast,
Week 31 was good - the best of OSM, showing how we've mapped the olympic
stadium
Week 30 was good - illustrating the license change, the work that has gone
into it, and a picture of things progressing.

I suggest an encouraging caption could have been along the lines of "The
Olympic Stadium in Athens, showing how OSM contributors have increased
detail through remapping since the license change".

Update: In the time (< 30 mins) I was writing this e-mail, the image
caption has changed to Olympic stadium in
Athens<http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=38.03566&lon=23.78789&zoom=17>.
Someone released how out of date you can be when showing bad examples of
OSM!

--
Gregory
o...@livingwithdragons.com