Mike Dupont wrote:
yes, and I am not contributing much as a mapper, in fact very little, but as a
programmer and also my role in flossk for building up a community.

Mike ... Like you I did not like the change of licence when it was first put forward. And to a certain degree I still don't. But what has become clear through the exercise is that some data was imported without the proper 'authority'. We are now expected to take more care for the information we provide, and if we can't put hand on heart and so 'There are no problems with this' then I think that removing material WAS the right approach even if it caused problems in some areas.

I took the time to remap material in my own area that was flagged as a problem, and also the 'should be ok' just in case, so stuff so that very little was lost. We had a couple of major contributors who rejected the new license, but actually tidying up that data produced a better map anyway. Cleansing the data like that was all we have been asked to do for the last year ... it was a pain and in some areas nobody bothered ... but I find now that there is a lot less confusion on just what is in the database.

I don't know why you had a problem, but IF there was stuff that was a problem then it needed to be removed anyway? So simply deleting anything you were not happy to consent to prior to accepting anything else was probably overdue anyway. There should probably have been a more fine grain way of accepting on some of our content only, but I think the work involved with adding that would probably have taken another couple of years? :(

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL