Stephan,

On Sat, Sep 8, 2012 at 10:22 AM, Stephan Knauss <o...@stephans-server.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> german IT newsticker "heise online" did report that we finally switched the
> license to ODbL.
>
> They said it was announced during SOTM. Is this right?
>
> http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/OpenStreetMap-schliesst-Lizenzwechsel-ab-1703197.html
>
> If so, I'm quite disappointed that the community was not informed first...
>
> If this is a false announcement, the OSMF might want to have that corrected.
>
> Stephan

As some others have pointed out, an update about the license change
was posted on the Foundation blog. I think this is the best way for
the foundation to percolate official announcements to the community.
There are so many channels that different, not always overlapping
parts of the community subscribe to - it is utterly impossible for
OSMF to cover all of them. Where would you have expected to have been
'officially' informed?

--
martijn van exel
http://oegeo.wordpress.com