I am back in DC now from a great State of the Map Tokyo.

Congratulations to Frederik, Henk and Simon to their election to the board. I
am looking forward to working with each one of you.

A big thank you to the 62 individuals who have given me their support [1]. Even
if my bid didn't make it, I am glad I stood for election. Based on my manifesto
built on bringing in a new comer's perspective [2] I had many great
conversations which will be very helpful moving this agenda forward. I am
planning to work on improving the OSM "onramp" outside of the board, here's one
concrete step you could get involved with:

https://github.com/hotosm/learnosm/issues/1

Alex

[1] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Foundation/AGM12/Election_to_Board
[2]
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:Lxbarth/2012_OSMF_Board_Elections_Manifesto

PS: Turnout wasn't exactly exhilerating. About 160 voters? Dermot has the exact
number. We should have more participation, the board matters. Signing up takes
a minute and is a simple way to support a great project:

http://www.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Join

Don't make not having the 15 pound stop you - apply for a waiver, perfectly
legit: http://blog.osmfoundation.org/contact/

Alex Barth
http://twitter.com/lxbarth
tel (+1) 202 250 3633