Maurizio

We currently have "a bit of a mess" wrt how we manage external data sources and imports. Currently each source should have:

- a wiki page with the details
- in the case of an import a dedicated user account
- an entry in the import catalogue
- if attribution is necessary outside of changeset tags an entry on
     - http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Contributors
  or if a "major" source, an entry on
    - http://www.openstreetmap.org/copyright

Everybody who was involved with the nitty gritty details of the licence change has probably realized that the above documentation is woefully incomplete and that the lists are becoming unmanageably large. And from an attribution pov the decision on which page the source lands is rather arbitrary.

I've done some thinking about replacing some of the above with a database based solution that would make some aspects easier (by for example generating attribution lists automatically) and will probably whip up a prototype when I get back home from vacation if nobody beats me to it.

For now I would suggest simply completing the existing lists.

Simon