Thanks Pavel

The changesets listed were reduced by half when providing the url
http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/changesets?bbox=-73.6318%2C45.409%2C-73.444%2C45.4946
 with http://positron96.appspot.com/osmfilter.html.

This solution would effectively eliminate an important amount of changesets
from the History Report if it was adopted.

Therefore, this solution does not cover all the situations. When a worldwide
changeset covers partly a local area, it is quite uneasy to detect wich objects
were modified in this local area. Especially when the changeset  affects
hundreds of objects.

If changesets were limited to one country (or nearby countries when crossing
borders), there would be even less changesets reported in a local area.
Changesets would also contain less objects.

Both revising the History Report and establishing rule to restrict the coverage
area of changesets would facilitate monitoring in a local area.

Pierre

>________________________________
> De : Pavel Melnikov <positro...@gmail.com>
>À : Pierre Béland <infosbelas-...@yahoo.fr>
>Cc : talk <talk@openstreetmap.org>
>Envoyé le : Dimanche 30 septembre 2012 12h29
>Objet : Re: [OSM-talk] Community Edit Monitoring vs Worldwide BOT Coverage in
>Changesets
>

>Hello Pierre.
>

>I think the better way to solve this problem is to make history page show
>changesets that actually affect the area in question, not changesets thatonly
>cover area. There are some works in this direction, the most recent seems to
>be http://zverik.osm.rambler.ru/whodidit/ . There was OWL which is now down,
>but is promised to be back.
>
>Also, there is an automated filter for RSS history feeds:
>http://positron96.appspot.com/osmfilter.html - the service can filter out
>large changesets from rss feed, and give you with filtered feed.
>
>Hope it helps.
>

>Pavel
>

>On Sun, Sep 30, 2012 at 9:26 PM, Pierre Béland <infosbelas-...@yahoo.fr> wrote:
>
>The Changeset Display for an area (ie. History tab of OpenStreetMap.org)
shows all the changesets covering a local area. In this display, we often see
Worldwide
BOT Changesets even if there is no modifications made to the area,. RSS feeds
are producing false alerts, and it is uneasy to find if any changes are made to
the local area. We sometimes have to go to hundreds of modifications in the
Changeset to verify if the local area is affected.