On 2012-11-16 11:26, Tom Hughes wrote:
On 16/11/12 09:16, Maarten Deen wrote:

Can't the API give out some kind of information in such cases? An XML
message of some sort? Now you get nothing.

No you don't, you should be getting "403 Forbidden" meaning that you
are not allowed to access it.

Hmm, I see now, IE does display that. Firefox (16.0.2) displays an empty page. Still, a bit more information would be helpful. A user still has to know there was a redaction process and then has to determine if this might be the cause.

For a user it might well be
that the api is malfunctioning. JOSM handles it with an error message
"Authorisation at the OSM server failed. The server reported the
following error: ' '".
Not really helpful.

It's not my fault if JOSM handles it badly...

Really? ;)

Regards,
Maarten
Maarten