On 11/19/2012 09:10 PM, Michael Krämer wrote:
Hi,

using OSM inspector's coastline view I came across a rather large
missing segement of the coastline. It turned out that a new user has
accidentially deleted it. He agreed to revert the change and I
volunteered to take care of it.

As it turns out the changeset (13910261) included more changes to roads
etc.- 92 ways overall - so reverting would include more than just the
coastline. To make things even worse there are also some following,
conflicting changesets. So using the reverter plugin causes quite a
number of conflicts that I have a hard time to resolve. But just to make
sure I have contacted the user again because it sounded like he wouldn't
mind to revert all changs. But the answer is still pending due to
different time zones.

So I tried to only undelete the way for the coastline using the
"undelete" plugin. Trying to do so gives an error on upload as the way
references deleted nodes. Sounds reasonable but doesn't really help.

Any suggestion how to best get this fixed again?

Have you tried Undelete plugin and then File > 'upload selection' just for the coastline way?

Paul