Frans Thamura <frans <at> meruvian.org> writes:

> Hi jukka
> Any idea to make the map also in svg or eps?

No idea about SVG of EPS output at all. I was just testing the much improved PDF
driver in the GDAL development version. GDAL does not write SVG at all but it is
using either libpoppler or libpodofo for producing PDF and I guess that they can
write SVG as well. For GDAL it may not make so much sense because I do not know
if there is any standard method for georeferencing SVG. Cloudmade seems to
deliver something like that, though, and GDAL can read it but not write
http://www.gdal.org/ogr/drv_svg.html
http://developers.cloudmade.com/wiki/vector-stream-server/Documentation

I consider that GDAL offers good tools tp begin with for someone who wants to
make a web service or a standalone application for authoring feature rich maps
in PDF format. For the end user the work flow is much too complicated, but it is
doable as the tutorial shows.

-Jukka Rahkonen-