I joined the mailing list just to get involved in the OpenStreetMap Future
Look discussion and join in the fight but now it has turned into a love in.
:-) *hugs*

What about a easier more practical suggestion to improve OpenStreetMap.org!

My idea is simple can someone add modern social media networks logos/links
to the home page.

Nearly every site now has twitter, facebook, google plus, youtube channel,
etc links. We have these social media outlets lets tell people about them.

They could easily go under the "Make a donation" button as a 2x2 grid of
icons for the big 4 social networks.

I think this would improve the connectivity of the site to our other social
outlets. Give an official stamp of approval. Improve the social aspect of
it, increase numbers to these social channels. Help people find video
tutorial and spread the word of osm further.

I cannot see any harm in this it would take up very little screen real
estate and I think look a more professional cohesive community.

Now I do it is do-ocracy and technically very easy to do but for me but to
recreate the osm site and get access etc will take me forever. I am sure
someone with access could do this html change quicker and I can do some
mapping.

.....so what you think. +1 and -1's welcome.

(I also want routing, higher zoom levels (not only for the map detail but it
must be terrifying to newbies when the lowest zoom level before you click
edit could result in thousands of nodes on a half a mile square area when
they only want to name 1 street or add a pub), history tweaks (nice one
Pawel), social member to member features, extra mapnik map detail (lets
display rollercoasters (there are 'best of osm' detailed theme park but
major features missing :) ), skateboard parks, etc too), etc but this post
is not about that. ;)

Cheers,

John