On Wed, Jan 9, 2013 at 4:46 PM, Steve Doerr <doerr.step...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10/01/2013 00:17, Rovastar wrote:
>
>> Just because I contribute to an 'open' database, does that mean I have to
>> oppose anything that is 'closed' or proprietary?7

That depends on what you think of social welfare programs. <ducks> ; )

Absolutely not.

I'm +1 for anything that might increase word of mouth or interest in OSM,
including links to Twitter, Facebook G+, and the like, even if they have
those insidious little linkie things on them. I visit sites that include
those gremlins every day & have never *not* gone to a site because of them.
I also happen to use a cookie blocker for Facebook & a Facebook specific
browser. Twitter, in particular, already has a fair amount of OSM-related
chatter on it. It's how I learned about the 1 millionth registration.

twitter: https://twitter.com/GWHAThistory
facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GWHAThistory
--
Jeff Meyer