This is excellent - nice to see it as a hosted service now.

I don't remember how/when I stumbled on the GitHub repo, but I have been
running a local copy for a while now and find this tool indispensable. It's
great for quickly performing the many random inspections/lookups of OSM
data I find myself needing to do when developing stylesheets. Great work,
and many thanks.

On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 5:10 PM, Martin Raifer <tyr....@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm happy to present you *overpass turbo* [1], a web based graphical user
> interface for Overpass API.
>
> I've always thought, that the Overpass API can be a great tool for mappers
> and developers (for example for its powerfulness in data filtering).
> However, there was no easy way to quickly run an Overpass query and inspect
> the results in a user friendly manner, until now: With overpass turbo you
> can run Overpass API queries and analyze the resulting OpenStreetMap data
> interactively on a map.
>
> Here are some use cases where overpass turbo can come in handy:
> * Searching for (rare) spelling mistakes or breaks with naming
> conventions, which are not yet covered by any QA tool.
> * Showing and inspecting spacially large features (boundaries, rivers,
> complete motorways, PT-networks, ...).
> * Always when you only need a filtered portion of OSM data.
> * Testing and developing more or less complicated Overpass API queries.
> * Creating mock-ups of clickable or static maps highlighting selected OSM
> features.
>
> http://overpass-turbo.eu
>
> This is the url where you can find overpass turbo [1] (alternatively,
> there is also an installation on overpass-api.de [2]). You need a
> somewhat recent web browser for using overpass turbo. Opera, Chrome and
> Firefox have been tested and work (IE 10 should be fine, too).
>
> More information, screenshots, examples, etc. can be found on the OSM-wiki
> [3] or on its github repository [4].
>
> Have fun :)
> Martin / tyr_asd
>
> [1] http://overpass-turbo.eu