Looking at the profiles of nearby mappers displayed on my profile page's map, I am astonished to find that most of them have made zero edits. Those people went through the effort of registering (some even added an avatar picture) but then did not use their account for anything - no edits, no traces, nothing.Why ? Are these mere spam registrations or are we actually losing good potential mappers in the first hours of their life as Openstreetmap users ? How many of them do we have ? Do we have logs that we can analyze to understand how they came to Openstreetmapand how they dropped out ?