Hi guys,

I am most likely the one who started the whole "issue" of adding relation
IDs to Wikipedia at all - I created the Wikipedia templates and inserted
several tenths of relation IDs to specific articles... and you know why?
Because at the time I did that there was no WIWOSM (or any other usable
tool for featuring OSM content within Wikimedia projects) and this was the
easiest (although I understand not the best) way to connect/link Wikipedia
to OSM. I understand tag query for a specific keywors(s) (probably deriving
from Wikipedia article name) would be much better, there simply WAS NOT a
simple enough tool to do this or at least I did not know about such a tool.

The original idea was to link a page that would show a desired object in a
map. So the action definitely was simply a result of lack of services on
OSM side. If this has changed now, I suggest we use such a tool that
produces similar output (in terms of data and speed) as the current
relations links.

Regards,
Kozuch