On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 7:09 AM, Maarten Deen <md...@xs4all.nl> wrote:

> Anybody heard of waze?
> http://www.waze.com/
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/**Waze <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waze>
>
> Isn't this exactly what OSM is, only now as navigation as a startingpoint?
> Looking at the map in my area (the Netherlands), I see OSM some 6 years ago.
>
> It seems all so superfluous to me, I don't see the point. Why not make a
> navigation app based on OSM? There are several already.

I've used Waze quite a bit, as it's honestly the best navigation app for my
wife's iPhone. Waze is only concerned with the road network, nothing else.
They do a great job of keeping the data up to date, and have very good
traffic information, thanks to their millions of users. If there was an OSM
based solution with traffic info, I would use that in a heartbeat.
-Josh