On Sat, May 25, 2013 at 3:51 AM, Frederik Ramm <frede...@remote.org> wrote:

> Someone said that taking the area into account should improve the results
> for Indonesia; either I did something wrong ior the opposite is the case -
> Indonesia featured at #23 before and has now dropped completely off the
> list.

That was me. I was mistaken. For a given zoom level in Mercator projection,
a tile in an equatorial area shows more real-world area than in a more
northern or southern latitudes.

I actually confused the land area with scale: a tile in an equatorial area
has a smaller scale than in a more northern or southern latitudes. So land
area is inversely proportional to map scale.