The on-street parking restrictions around our church are complex. I'd
love to make a map on a web page, where you could put into a form widget:

Day of week: Friday
Start parking: 8am
End parking: 10am

and it would colour the sides of the road and the car parks with green
(free), yellow (pay), or red (can't park here). Updating the widgets
would update the map on the fly.

I realise this would require me to put all the parking restrictions into
the OSM database using the complex tagging system defined for the
purpose. But what else would it require?

- Do I need to find some HTML5/Canvas map renderer and hack that? Or can
I do some sort of overlay on top of existing map tiles?

- Do I need to download the data into the web page using the Overpass
API? Or another API?

Has anyone done anything like this before? Ideas very welcome.

Gerv