On 2013-07-07 19:55, Graham Jones wrote:

    Reading JOSM's defaultpresets.xml I found a comment about mixed-up
    voltage values in the preset. Could someone please tell me the major
    voltages in use.

    If someone knows the voltages in use for railways/busses I am
    interested, too

I think it varies by country, but I am pretty sure that in the UK the
newer parts of the national grid run at 400kV and the older sections at
275kV.

I think in England and Wales, the transmission network (aka the national grid) is using 400kV and 275kV, and owned/maintained by National Grid PLC. In Scotland, the transmission network includes 400kV, 275kV and 132kV, and is owned/maintained by Scottish Power/SSE.

Anything below these is classed as the distribution network.

The smaller overhead lines that you see on wooden poles are about 11kV.

Its possible for up to 132kV to use wooden poles. I think 132kV is usually on steel pylons, but wooden poles might be used in rural/more scenic areas.
33kV or 11kV is usually on wooden poles. Also 66kV is used sometimes.

So for the UK electricity network, the full range of voltages would be 400V, 11kV, 33kV, 66kV, 132kV, 275kV, 400kV.

Craig