SomeoneElse wrote:
The problem is that directions given for major junctions tend to be 'straight
on' where the ACTUAL move is to take the slip road.

FWIW, this isn't a problem I've seen (either on eTrex or Nuvi) with Garmins
using OSM data.  I suspect it's down to the router rather than a problem with
the data...

I tend to agree with you now that I've had a further dig into this. Unfortunately the bug report I posted to the locus forum has not received a reply from last month. There is still a problem with needing to identify which lane of a multi lane junction you you should occupy, and modify that as junction layouts change. In the UK the M4 to M5 junction is being widened and I now need to get into lane 3 to get on the right slip road to go North rather than 2 ... and going through a new route a week or so back I was glad tomtom filled in that data :)

Once again the problem is simply one of identifying who is making the mistakes?

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL