Hi,
>From what I see, after the new logo has been introduced in 2011, no
specific font has beed defined as a standard for OpenStreetMap logo, or at
least it is pretty impossible to find in current wiki. On the site the
header is spelled with d with font-family: 'Helvetica Neue',Arial,sans-serif
; so Helvetica could be modern standard, if we write it down somewhere.

As for the old logo from the link, it's writeen with a vertically-stretched
Verdana (You can check svg source file here:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/File:Osm_button-path.svg). I've managed
to achieve almost same result with bold italic Verdana stretched vertically
by 180% as well as with bold italic 180%-stretched Bitstream Vera Sans. I
do not like the old logo at all though.