On Monday 05 August 2013, Grant Slater wrote:
> [...]
>
> In addition to new hardware, the rendering server also uses the new
> “openstreetmap-carto” stylesheet. This is a complete re-write of the
> old XML stylesheet to use CartoCSS, making it easier for our
> cartographers to work with. The style is designed to look as similar
> as possible to the old XML stylesheet.

I am especially impressed that this also finally gives us a coastline
update on openstreetmap.org - after more than half a year. :-)

As for the rendering - at the southern edge there is a cutoff slightly
north of the tile edge:

http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=-84.8&lon=-167.75&zoom=6

Greetings,

--