Pieren wrote:
In regards to mistakes: I think it clear that iD makes delete more prominent
>and easy to hit than P2, and misses opportunities to have better delete
>workflows.

I don't see this as a problem. Deleting is equally important as
inserting or moving objects in any editor. When you edit a page in
wikipedia, nobody complains that deleting words is so easy, even for a
first contribution. What I deeply regret is that OSM website still
does not offer to everyone, including newcomers, a fast and easy way
to revert an edit once it is saved. Reverting is done in two clicks on
wikipedia. This is something important for newcomers. They are less
worry to participate if they know that they (or someone else) can
revert at any time their mistakes, even after clicking the 'save'
button.

I'd second that. Although I think the comparison with wikipedia is perhaps not so straight forward. We can easily grab a page of text and edit it locally for our own use. In the past people have tried to do the same thing with the map not understanding perhaps the implications. A better handling of the SAVE cycle might suffice in a lot of cases, rather than a pop-up for each delete? So many nodes will be deleted from the live map ... did you really mean to do that?

Then from the other end, a means of editing and printing an area of map 'off-line' so people can do their own quick customise?

I have personnally more problems when I see that moving a node is
simpler than moving a way, but that's a detail.

I'm interested in that comment. I've had a few occasions I think on P2 but it may have been JOSM, when I've gone to realign a node ready to bring some additional way in contact, but the whole target way has moved. Undo fixes the problem, but I could not see why you would want to move the whole way especially when you can't see the ends? To me the default should just be moving the node?

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL