On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 05:21:36PM -0400, Tom MacWright wrote:
> Perhaps something to note is that, beyond technical and policy issues, one
> of the more common complaints about Wikipedia is that there's an
> unfriendly, elitist attitude amongst the established editors. My article
> asks for some relatively deep changes to infrastructure and user
> experience, but the more actionable and immediately useful thing that
> everyone can do is to be friendly.

I have experienced the same elitist attitude with OSM especially with
notes i opened lately in my non primary areas.

Questions or even remarks have been responded to in a way that as a
newbie that would have been my very last note.

So i think OSM goes the same path as wikipedia but i think
the revert first simply doesnt work for OSM as we dont have a single
click button to revert changes.

So before somebody asks on a list to let somebodys changes be reverted
the revert gets discussed. So i think the ability to discuss changes
in OSM is its technical inability to ease the revert.

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff                                                 f...@zz.de