Walter Nordmann wrote

*
> , that it is not my fault, i can ask the developers if they can change it.
> Or do it by my own.
>
> Regards
> Walter

In case you are interested in such an option in osm2pgsql, so am I.

FYI I opened a ticket on github for that  (If you feel you want to tackle
some C++ code ;-) ) :
https://github.com/openstreetmap/osm2pgsql/issues/101

And sorry for contributing to this off topic, I'm subscribed to [dev] to
continue the discussion over there if needed