On 11/08/2013 07:06 AM, Pieren wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 8, 2013 at 1:20 PM, Andreas Labres <l...@lab.at> wrote:
>
>> Christmas trees are not an "event".
> If you like. Call it "temporary feature", like tents in camping,
> exhibitions, motor shows, food trucks, etc

Sorry for the noise....

I just want to contribute to the conversation that even things that seem
to be obvious like the temporary character of Christmas trees do not
have to be true everywhere. Besides the following information might
amuse some of the readers.

As probably in most places of the christian world Christmas trees are a
"temporary feature", but in Nicaragua we have them as a permanent
phenomena for over 5 years now in the roundabouts of the capital:
http://content.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1911496,00.html
This is not just a joke! It actually had a positive effect of recovering
public spaces by the people. The illumination of the places led to an
increased feeling of security and people like to spend their evenings
there (the whole year).

It looks like nobody has mapped them so far. We have to change this! :)
At least we know now that it has to be mapped as "xmas:feature=tree".

Cheers,
Felix