Saman remarks are right.
I wonder: you use a wiki, could it be edited to propose alternative icons and share the refinement burden ? Is it possible to do so while keeping a common style? Maybe the target would be to symplify the icons to obtain legibility at small size, while keeping it as close as possible to the original.

Yves