Hi Alex,

Good question and I have since figured out how to access notes I have
touched/resolved to demonstrate my point.  My treatment of notes is
probably the problem.  :)

I see this note [1] as being a legitimate use case for them in that there
used to be a roundabout there and not the intersection has been
reconfigured (ie.  OSM is "in error")
I see this note [2] as being an illegitimate use case for them.  (ie. OSM
is NOT "in error" rather OSM is "missing" this data).  You can see how I
have tried to encourage the user to engage with OSM.
Note [3] is similar to Note [2] but my treatment has been to resolve with
the comment I have made (At the detriment of a future OSM editor?).  This
is one of my earlier note exercises.

[1]: http://www.openstreetmap.org/note/6598
[2]: http://www.openstreetmap.org/note/118639
[3]: http://www.openstreetmap.org/note/99910

I think the notes are great and I've used them in areas where I have passed
through and noted obvious errors for local mappers.  With the 4sq channel
though I'm wondering if my logic and subsequent action to resolve is too
literal and I should leave Notes of Type [2] / [3] in place.  Is this the
intent of Notes moving forward?

Cheers,

Jason