On Sat, Apr 5, 2014 at 3:57 PM, Steve Coast <st...@asklater.com> wrote:

> Why don't we focus on the substance raised, rather than framing everything as
> Steve sitting around sending volumes of flak your way which let's face it
> isn't very accurate.

I find this statement a bit hard to understand. How can you say that
you're not criticizing the board when your keynote at last year's SOTM
was essentially that you did not have confidence in OSMF and wanted to
focus on a commercial that entity that you control take over those
functions?

> The board doesn't do nearly as much as it used to, some members of it are
> disengaged to say the least, and there are a number of reflections on that,
> some already raised. Is this a good or bad thing? What metrics are good
> metrics to judge the board? If we look at those same metrics for OSMF US,
> where do they sit?

Why don't you tell us, because I'm not following what you're saying.

> If the board doesn't push to run great conferences and secedes that, doesn't
> meet face to face and has email discussions about telephony options or
> whether meetings are even possible... what *does* it do? Why should we keep
> it around?

So you're suggesting no Foundation whatsoever?

- Serge