Hi,

On 08.04.2014 12:15, maning sambale wrote:
> Yes, I was afraid this will be suggested. :) But, I currently don't
> have the resources to manage the planet file.

1. get an account on errol, our dev server (or get hold of someone who
has an account)
2. get the .poly file from download.geofabrik.de
3. load the old planet file onto your account on the dev server
4. run osmosis to cut out the area of interest

that way, you avoid transferring the planet file to your own computer.

I have already done the above steps for you with an August 2013 planet
file, and the result is

http://fred.dev.openstreetmap.org/philippines-130828.osm.pbf

Bye
Frederik