On 24/04/2014 05:22, Marc Gemis wrote:
do you know the proposal Club ? http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Club
Could this be used ?

I like the idea !

leisure=club
club=flying_club

Looks about right...

In http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/club#values I find club=sailing - a sailing club is very close in concept to an aeroclub, so this reinforces the proposal.

On Wed, Apr 23, 2014 at 9:53 PM, Jean-Marc Liotier <j...@liotier.org <mailto:j...@liotier.org>> wrote:

    <mailto:rich...@weait.com>>:

        office=company
        name="Something Flying Club"

    maybe this is something different in the anglosaxon world and in
    some European countries, but e.g. in Italy or Germany a "company"
    will be something profitoriented while "clubs" often aren't (they
    have cultural, or educational, or sport, o some other not profit
    oriented scope and their legal form of constitution is a special
    status (while in the UK a limited company can also be non-profit,
    see OSMF).

    Yes.

    My suggestion would be more specific office=flying_club, name=foo
    etc. (if it is mainly an office, otherwise maybe a leisure o
    amenity value?)

    I would say leisure=flying_club since the location is generally
    the seat of the club's activities, not just an administrative office.