On Fri, 25 Jul 2014 15:18:16 +0200
Mateusz Konieczny <matkoni...@gmail.com> wrote:

> "[highway=footway; vehicle=private] it can
> be used by pedestrians but some people may drive here"

The trouble is that you are merging the distinction between "highway"
and "access". Your example above would, to me, indicate a way for use by
single-tracked vehicles and therefore not something that you'd attempt
to drive a car along.

I've done this sort of thing a lot for what is known in England as a
"byway open to all traffic" where you have the legal right to drive a
motorcar but often the condition of the way has become so bad that it
is physically impossible for any dual-tracked vehicle to do so.

--
Regards,

Andy Street