On 06/09/2014 09:15, Edward Betts wrote:
I adjusted my criteria for islands, villages, towns and cities.
There are now 102,691 matches and 230 mismatches.

http://edwardbetts.com/osm-wikidata/

http://edwardbetts.com/osm-wikidata/mismatches.html

One question that immediately springs to mind - is wikidata in any way geographically searchable or extractable, in the same way that OSM is via Overpass (like e.g. http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/4VH ) ? A list of mismatches worldwide (while useful in terms of total numbers) isn't useful in terms of "what's near me that I might want to have a look at".

Cheers,

Andy