Hi Pierre,

QuickOSM is a frontend to Overpass, as OverpassTurbo is another frontend
too but not on the same plateform (qgis vs website).
QuickOSM will improve (in a next version) its communication with
OverpassTurbo like saving a query by getting the short link a query.
And the plugin should be able to read a short link from Overpass Turbo.

There are 2 ways for increasing the timeout :
- you can extend the timeout in the "advanced" panel (click on it) of the
query, simplest way
- you can click on the button "show query" to manually edit the XML