Am 23.10.2014 08:22, schrieb Sarah Hoffmann:

> It very clear states the obligations of a board member with respect to
> board meetings and transparency. How does the board hold its individual
> members accountable for following the rules of order? How can the
> OSMF membership hold board members accountable for it?

The board members are elected by the OSMF members and the board doesn't
really have control over its own composition outside of a couple of
nuclear options that naturally tend to not be invoked.

The rules of order can be seen as a contract between the board members
complementary to the law and articles of association, but just as in the
real world a breach of contract will make people unhappy, but given the
trade-offs tend to not have any consequences of note.

One thing has become obvious, that the current 1/3 of the board stands
for re-election per year rule has provided lots of continuity but not
enough change. Going forward I would suggest tweaking the articles to
limit consecutive terms to two (just reiterating what I've said earlier)
and require a minimum of 3 seats to be available at every election.

There has been some discussion between Michael, the board and myself on
changing the inner workings of the OSMF a bit which potentially could
address some of the remaining issues, however these are at a very early
discussion stage.

Simon