On Fri, Oct 24, 2014 at 2:55 AM, Frederik Ramm <frede...@remote.org> wrote:

> If we don't manage to get a board majority to postpone the whole thing,
> there's something else we could do at least: Ask those who stand for
> election to commit to calling a new GM within a certain time frame, and
> offer the membership a "reboot" option.

Frederik,
Thanks for digging into the AoA. As I read the AoA it appears that we can
request a vote on a special resolution. Not sure the mechanics of
submitting a special resolution. In other associations I belonged to in the
US there was a number, usually expressed as a percentage of the membership
that was required to sign off on the resolution before it would be accepted
by the Board for a vote.

Keeping with the spirit of the AoA, we are required to hold a vote for
board members if the last GM was more than 12 months. I am not comfortable
with amending the vote to 0 people. I do like your suggestion that we go
ahead with the vote on the current candidates and with a special resolution
to call for a vote within 3 months for new board members. The three month
period would serve two purposes. First it would give us a cooling off
period. These conversations have been too personal. Second, it would give
us time to properly assess the candidates and submit other resolutions as
we deem necessary.

Two of the resolutions I'd like to see put to a debate and vote are 1)
requiring the Board to conduct annual surveys of the membership and 2)
develop an OSM vision. I am happy to help draft the resolutions but need
help with the process.

Thanks,
Clifford

--