On 02/01/15 17:40, Andreas Labres wrote:

Serving tiles for Austria via Pula doesn't make that much sense. It should be
something "near" to DE-CIX (or VIX). Hetzner for instance is ok.

The machine at Hetzner (tabaluga) is already very heavily loaded serving Germany (and not much else).

More to the point, we do not currently have the necessary technology to choose a server based on network topology, so we use physical distance as the measure instead.

The change of DNS server that was hinted at in the blog post today does open the door to doing it on a network topology data, but first we need a good source of data for that.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (t...@compton.nu)
http://compton.nu/