On Mon, Mar 2, 2015 at 11:40 AM, Martijn van Exel <m...@rtijn.org> wrote:
> Hey all,
[ ... ]
> The main thing I would like to know more about is the types of
> talks you would be interested in, or even specifically which people or
> organizations you would want to see a talk from.

Easy!  Same as I always ask / hope for. :-)

1) I want to see deeply technical / specialized presentations specific
to OpenStreetMap.  Talks that wouldn't be suitable at
non-OpenStreetMap conferences.  So, talks on optimizing a rendering
stack, a la SotM-EU.  Or on tagging scheme alternatives, such as
SotM-Girona.

2) Given the audience at DC, I'd say you'll need a beginners track.
So many people I met there had no understanding of how to do a foot
survey, and no understanding of why that is the most valuable and
interesting data in the OpenStreetMap database.  So, yeah.  Some
really fundamental basics. Why and how to survey.