It's fun to be flippant amongst ourselves, where our sense of sarcasm is
precisely tuned.

But this screed isn't the message we should send to the outside world, to a
person wondering what's up with the OpenStreetMap community.

Surveys can be annoying. Maybe we want to have a protocol for them, instead
of implicitly allowing them as we currently do.

Let's figure that out instead of joking about ruining some PhD candidate's
research.