On 2015-04-09 14:00, Phil Endecott wrote:
Maarten Deen wrote:
I came across this example [1] where a way has bicycle=no and
cycleway=lane.
IMHO these two tags are also conflicting and the bicycle=no should be
removed. Any thoughts?

"Cycle lanes" that you cannot, either practically or legally, cycle
along are horribly common.  Examples:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/pete.meg/wcc/facility-of-the-month/May2009.htm
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/pete.meg/wcc/facility-of-the-month/June2013.htm
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/pete.meg/wcc/facility-of-the-month/December2013.htm

How would you tag those?

I have no idea if your example falls into that category, is mis-tagged,
or what.

2 of those are not cycle lanes - the 1st and 3rd are paths separate from the road. But they are also part of an NCN cycle route. So they could be tagged as highway=path (or highway=footway), with bicycle=no, plus maybe something like bicycle:pushing=yes. Plus adding them to the route relation.

I'm not sure what is happening with the second photo, is their a cycle lane marked on the road or not?