Hello Peter,

I’ve done quite a bit of video mapping in the past, with just manual moving the
map around to do the editing. I have since discovered that taking photos and
using Mapillary can produce much better results as you can zoom into the images
much more thus being able to see details better. There is the caveat in that
the taking of photos every 2 seconds can mean missing out on something between
2 frames, however I’ve not found this to be a huge issue, as the 1080p video
would be less clear, thus would possible not be able to read it anyway. Sharing
of the photos is also easier, which means other people can map things that I’ve
not noticed or aren’t interested in mapping.

Shaun