W dniu 20.04.2015 14:27, Wuzzy napisał(a):

There are the following challenges:
- I want to have the pure, unaltered icons in their original size. Many
  icons I found in the wiki are pretty outdated.
- If possible, the icons should be stored as uniform as possible in the
  wiki. It looks ugly if all the icons are displayed in different sizes

All the source files for icons on the standard layer (and other visual patterns) can be found here:

https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-carto/tree/master/symbols

(shields for the different kinds of roads are inside the subfolder "shields").

The easiest thing to view them locally would be to install Git and clone this repository. However notice, that we're in a process of transition from PNG icons to pixel-aligned SVG icons. While the PNGs are exactly what you see on the map, the SVGs are the source for transforming them into real raster files (PNG probably), but I don't know how to do this manually or where to find them in a transformed version.

The man behind PNG->SVG transition is nebulon42 ( https://github.com/nebulon42 ), so you can contact him and ask about details.

As far as I know there's no documentation for what gets displayed and you have to look mainly at the MSS files to find out.

Hope that helps.

--
Piaseczno Miasto Wąskotorowe