On 31/05/2015 10:51 AM, Mike Thompson wrote:
I have posted this issue to the Craigslist feedback forum, but I also thought I would post it here to see if anyone has a specific contact at Cragislist that handles their map rendering. They use - and credit - OpenStreetMap (which is wonderful), but I believe they perform their own custom rendering, which seems to be the source of this issue.

The issue is that some streets that are not one way in OSM data, are rendered as one way by Craigslist.

If you go to this ad and zoom in on the map you will see the arrows designating one way streets, for example on Cliffrose Way (https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/170048276):
https://fortcollins.craigslist.org/gms/4991940913.html

Here is the approximate area on the default OSM map:

I looked at the data and all of the streets in question seem to be tagged "oneway=no". Admittedly this tag is rather superfluous in these cases - or at least I believe it is, I am not the one that added it, but it shouldn't be interpreted as indicating a one way street.

I could remove this tag, but I feel this would be tagging for the renderer (actually someone else's renderer), and there may be legitimate cases for using "oneway=no" on a way representing a street somewhere else.

Why care? I would imagine to the majority of the users make no distinction between OpenStreetMap and Craigslist's rendering of OpenStreetMap, if the map is wrong, to them that simply means that OpenStreetMap is wrong.

I'd remove it.
Redundant information - data base bloat. Like vehicle=yes on a motorway ...

Perhaps these could be candidates for a mechanical clean up?