> I see that the problem in iD is really easy to solve (much easier than in
Potlach).

Please never say this. Estimating that someone else's task, in their domain
of experience, is simple, is almost always incorrect, and usually
overstepping. "This painting looks pretty easy to paint: can you finish it
in an afternoon."

If something is easy to do, please try doing it yourself and seeing whether
it is. Otherwise, don't tell other people that things should be easy for
them to do, so they should do what you want. People have been saying for
quite a while that it would be pretty easy for us to improve the software
that manages and edit OpenStreetMap, but none of them have decided to do it
in an afternoon, much less own the responsibility of maintaining and
defending the changes.

iD has, to date, consumed thousands of hours of developer time,
communications, documentation authoring, and design. The same goes for
Potlatch and JOSM and the website. Developing these projects is even more
time-consuming because every change needs to be discussed to death,
everyone must be consulted, and then after release, we have to catch up
with all of the people who want to be consulted but don't read the mailing
list.

In short, if you believe this is easy, do it. Otherwise, don't
underestimate other people's tasks.